Isuzu Trooper/Subaru 1.6

Isuzu Trooper
Soon, I swapped the Datsun for an Isuzu Trooper, 2.3 litre, 4x4 diesel jeep. That cost me another 25K. However it had plenty of oomph for towing the boats across logs and all, on the beach. The only minus point was, this jeep was bright yellow in colour and the diesel engine was very noisy! I used it for 10 years until I bought an old Subaru 1.6 litre station wagon in 1993 for 7K. That was supposed to become my retirement car. Kevin used the jeep to drive Pearl and Eugene to school.

Subaru 1.6
We became a 3 car family![3] After he went to New Zealand to do form 7 in 1994, Pearl became the driver and she sent Eugene to school. She, however, preferred to drive the Subaru mostly, because she discovered that it had more oomph than the jeep. I tried to make the jeep more attractive by respraying it blue and renovating the cushions and carpets; but it was no use. I ended up driving that old jeep once more until I left Miri, in January 1996! It was sold for 14K to Gregory Tan's brother in-law.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buying cars in New Zealand

Datsun 100A